By bringing together the collective buying power of users of oil fuelled heating in Cornwall we’re working to help householders across the county to access competitive prices to reduce their heating bills.
We will also want to help householders to use energy more sustainably and will encourage our members to reduce their oil consumption through energy saving home improvements such as insulation and renewable energy technologies where appropriate.
What’s in it for members
– Single point of contact (no ringing around suppliers).
– Hassle free service.
– Cheaper prices, especially for customers order small amounts.
– Ability to place smaller, more frequent order + spread the cost = no need to risk running low in order to secure a better price for a large order.
– Regular purchase dates (and reminders).
– Access to other services from Community Energy Plus to help you save energy and money.
What’s in it for Community Energy Plus?
Membership of the Community Energy Club is free. Community Energy Plus will levy a small administration charge (maximum of 1p per litre) to oil suppliers to cover the administration of the oil buying club and to support our charitable objectives. Despite this administration fee we are confident that members will enjoy a cheaper rate per litre than if they purchased the oil as on an individual basis.
We are committed to alleviating fuel poverty in Cornwall and this service was launched to offer the greatest benefits to people who don’t shop around between suppliers and place small orders for heating oil. By reducing heating bills we hope to help some people currently spending more than 10% of their income on heating bills out of fuel poverty.